This Confidentiality Policy applies to the Sales Register website.
Protection of your identity
The Direction des registres et de la certification (DRC) at the MinistĂ¨re de la Justice, which has responsibility for the Sales Register, confirms that
- it places no permanent cookies on users' hard drives;
- the temporary cookies are not used to collect personal information, but to assist in site navigation. Most web browsers are designed to accept cookies, but a change in the settings allows them to be refused;
- no personal information is collected without the user's prior consent;
- secured electronic services are made available using encryption to guarantee the confidentiality of the personal information submitted.
Information transmitted automatically
When you access the Sales Register website, information is automatically exchanged between your computer and the website's servers. Such information cannot be used to identify you (user name and e-mail address).
The following information is exchanged:
- the Internet domain and IP address of the computer used to access the site (the IP address is the number automatically assigned to a computer by an Internet access provider each time the user accesses the Internet);
- the web browser and operating system used to access the site;
- the date and time when the user accesses the site;
- the pages viewed;
- the address of the referring site.
For the holders of a client account, the following information is added:
- the type of device used (computer, smartphone, tablet, etc.);
- the type of processor (32- or 64-bit);
- the Java or Adobe Reader software versions used.
Such information is made necessary by the technical constraints of Internet communication. It is used to ensure that you receive content that is compatible with your device, or to resolve technical issues more speedily. In addition, the DRC uses the information needed to record:
- the number of visitors and visits;
- the technology used by visitors;
- the pages viewed;
- the referring sites;
- the country of origin of visitors.
Confidentiality of personal information
The DRC is aware that users are concerned about the protection of the personal information they provide, and so security measures have been put in place to ensure information protection and confidentiality.
Transmission of personal information on the Sales Register website
The personal information transmitted via the Sales Register's electronic services is secured using Transport Layer Security(TLS) protocol and Entrust software to ensure confidentiality.
In addition, the DRC has established physical, administrative and technical security measures to protect the confidentiality and integrity of the information with respect to loss or unauthorized destruction, consultation, communication, reproduction, use, modification and theft, whatever the storage medium or storage location.
However, to avoid compromising the confidentiality of your personal information, you must:
- declare only the personal information specifically requested in a notice;
- enter personal information only under the relevant headings of the form presented for publication purposes.
When you use certain on-line services, the DRC must verify your identity by requesting personal information. This information is needed to:
- verify user identity in all contacts with the DRC;
- process user requests based on the correct information;
- guarantee the confidentiality of user information.
Users are responsible for the accuracy of the information they submit to the DRC in order to set up their user file. If the data in the file is found to be inaccurate or out of date, the user concerned must notify the DRC as soon as possible to avoid any unauthorized access to the data.
It is important to note that transactions giving access to confidential information are only accessible using a user name, password and, in some cases, the answer to a secret question.
Users are responsible for ensuring that their password and their secret questions and answers remain confidential. The DRC cannot be held responsible for the unauthorized use of a password, secret question or answer. If their confidentiality is compromised, the user concerned must notify the DRC as quickly as possible to prevent the fraudulent use of the user's identity.
Transmission of personal information by e-mail
Any personal or otherwise confidential information transmitted by e-mail to the electronic address email@example.com is not protected during transmission. The DRC assumes no responsibility for any harm you may suffer after submitting such information by e-mail.
If you voluntarily submit personal or confidential information by e-mail, the DRC will use only the information it needs to respond to your request.
Links to other websites
The Sales Register website contains links to other websites created by other organizations or bodies, simply as a convenience to its users. The linked sites open in a new window. Any information then exchanged is no longer covered by this Confidentiality Policy but by the policy of the linked sites, if any.
The links provided to other sites do not engage the responsibility of the DRC and in no way indicate that it approves the contents of the sites or any other sites accessible from them.
For more information